Gimme 5: The top 5 HBCU storylines at midseason Florida A&M and Morehouse College are the surprises so far
We are more than halfway through the historically black college and university (HBCU) football season, and here are Jay Walker’s most surprising and interesting storylines so far this season:
5. Morehouse College, playing well in the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, is now at 7-1 after a win against Benedict College.
4. Southern University, after losing to Alcorn State, bounced back to shut out Prairie View and then beat Texas Southern.
3. Prairie View A&M, which seemed to be in control of the Southwestern Athletic Conference’s West Division, is now facing four consecutive conference games.
2. North Carolina A&T, which lost to Morgan State and Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) leader Florida A&M, is only one game behind FAMU and seems to be playing better for the stretch run.
1. Florida A&M, unbeaten in the MEAC, has a one-game lead over the competition and the inside track for the conference’s bid to the Air Force Reserve Celebration Bowl.