VIDEO: 5 Ways to Reconnect With Yourself
I had a wonderful weekend settling back at home here in San Diego after our amazing Happy Black Woman 3-Day Mastermind Retreat in Honolulu. Of course, I’m missing beautiful Hawaii but happy to be back home with my boo!
As an introvert, I crave lots of alone time and I’m so glad I gave myself the gift of solitude for a few days in one of my favorite places in the world.
Speaking of solitude, today I did a Facebook livestream that was all about how to reconnect with yourself. There are so many situations we face as women that cause us to become burned out and disconnected from our true selves. Especially when we go through major changes in life such as a breakup/divorce, career shifts, business drama and having children.
In these times of transition, it’s even more important to be committed to your own self-care. In the video, I shared 5 ways you can begin to reconnect with yourself. They are all simple practices I hope will be useful to your journey.
Watch the video below!
How can you reconnect with yourself?
- Spend time alone. So often, we are bombarded with other people’s opinions, that we can’t even think for ourselves. Being in solitude gives you the chance to realize just how much you enjoy your own company.
- Take a walk. Taking a walk around the block for 15-30 minutes can do wonders for your inner self. You notice so many things while walking in nature that it makes you stop for a moment and reflect on your own life. Really noticing the beauty of creation makes you feel grateful for the life you’ve been given.
- Meditation. Being willing to sit still for just 5-10 minutes at a time has helped me hear all the messages that God has for me. When you’re not thinking or talking, just sitting with your eyes closed and heart open, ideas you never knew you had can come to the surface with ease and flow.
- Journaling. Writing is such a powerful way to reconnect with your deepest goals, dreams and desires. When you write (preferably by hand with a pen and paper) you activate your subconscious mind. And that’s when the truth of who you are and what you want gets unleashed. You find yourself reading what you wrote and wondering, where did that come from? YOU, darling. The REAL you.
- Do things you used to love to do. When you’ve been burned out for so long, it can be hard to remember what made you happy back when you used to have more time to yourself. But if you take the time to think back to when you were at your BEST in your life, you discover how much you enjoyed cooking new recipes or how reading ignited your imagination or how swimming made you feel so free. Go back to that fun-loving woman you used to be. She is still there and dying to come out and play!
If you want to deeper into your journey to reconnect with yourself and get back to YOU, I invite you to join us for the inaugural Happy Black Woman Summer Camp! Click here to learn more: https://happyblackwoman.com/summercamp
This is your chance to unplug, escape from your busy schedule and indulge in some powerful “me time.” Gather with an amazing group of women to reconnect with yourself in the simple beauty of the outdoors with lots of laughter and late-night girl-talk about your life without judgment. Think of this as your own personal revival!
What I’ve learned is that all work and no play actually makes us UNHAPPY black women, disconnected from who we really are and what we really want. It’s time to trade in your computer, iPhone and email for four days of self-care, play, creativity and sisterhood to help you find your way back home.
The Happy Black Woman Summer Camp is a delicious invitation for you to press the “reset” button and rediscover who you really are. As we learn, share and grow in community, we will end up falling back in love with ourselves along the way. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER & SAVE $200 OFF WITH EARLY-BIRD PRICING: https://happyblackwoman.com/summercamp